Undoubtedly, having an in-suite washer and dryer makes life easier for people everywhere on Staten Island. And when there’s a problem, it’s always a good idea to handle your washer replacement or washer repair promptly. With many washers lasting an average of seven years, there is always the chance that you’ll face problems or issues with your clothes washing machine at some point in time, primarily if it gets used heavily.
Top Brands Deserve Top Care
These days, people have more leading washing machine manufacturing brands than ever before from which to choose. Whether you have a basic washing machine or a modern model with all the bells and whistles, proper care, maintenance, and repairs help keep your washing machine running optimally and prolong life.
Look Out For These Common Washer Problems
Washing machines are an essential item for many people. There’s no more convenient than having a washing machine available whenever you need it to clean a load of laundry.
But sometimes, issues arise. Here are a number of the most common problems that occur with washing machines:
- Wobbling Or Jumping – If a washing machine isn’t perfectly balanced on the floor, the washer could be at risk of wobbling or jumping. Additionally, this imbalance can lead to loud noise and vibration when the machine kicks into a spin cycle. In severe cases, it could damage the washer or even cause injury.
- Dragging Or Sticking – This issue occurs when a washer doesn’t properly spin due to lack of lubrication, beater bar issues, washer belt not moving, washer pump issues, broken washer suspension springs, washer drive block falling out of bed, or washer knuckle falling off the washer drum.
- Leaking – Washers are designed with unique sealing systems to keep water contained in the unit. If a washer leaks, this is usually due to washer pump issues, washer belt washer problems, leaking tubs, washer motor issues, washer agitator shaft problems, washer distribution system issues, or washer gasket and seal damage.
- Filling Issues – This could be due to water level control problems with the washer, fill valve issues, water shut-off valve problems, pressure switch issues, pressure regulator issues, timer problems, water inlet valve, or water supply or sensing unit and solenoid valve issues.
- No Spin Or Not Draining – This could be due to washer drive belt not moving, washer belt washer problems, washer motor issues, washer pump issues, washer drive block falling off the washer drum, water level sensing unit and solenoid valve issues, water fill valve issues, or water inlet valve and water supply issues.
- Overflowing – This usually occurs when a washing machine doesn’t spin out or drain properly. Other issues could include water shut-off valve problems, washer not spinning, washer timer problems, water level sensing unit, solenoid valve issues, washer motor issues, the washer drive block falling off the washer drum or failures with inlets and water supply.
- Unpleasant or Strange Odor – Washers sometimes have strange smells, especially if the washer has bacteria buildup. Front-loaders are susceptible to mildew. Factors contributing to this problem include using the wrong detergent, too much detergent, and fabric softener. If drums and gaskets stay wet between uses, mildew and mold will grow in your washer, and it’ll stink.
- Frozen Or Stuck – If a washer gets “stuck,” this is usually due to washer timer problems, issues with the water level sensing unit, solenoid valve issues, water inlet valve, or water supply issues, washer gasket, and seal damage or washer belt washer problems.
- Electrical Issues – Electrical issues can occur due to washer water pump issues, washer motor issues, the washer drive block falling off the drum, washer belt washer problems, or water level sensing unit and solenoid valve issues. Other issues like a failing computer or power cord issues could also be to blame.
Why Hire A Professional For Washer Repair In Staten Island, NY?
It’s always best to hire a washer repair professional when you experience any washer problems. Many of today’s clothes washers have sophisticated features and controls, so washer repair requires a professional washer repair technician.
With years of experience working on clothes washing machines, we’re here to help repair the problem. In addition, we have access to tools and parts that keep your washing machine running and ready to serve you and your family.
Get Your Washing Machine In Working Order
For busy and growing families, not having access to a working washing machine can be very inconvenient. And, venturing to a public laundromat can be expensive and time-consuming.
The most reliable way to ensure you don’t find yourself in this challenging position is to call washer repair service technicians first. You can depend on them to repair various problems, including pump issues, belt problems, water level control problems, water inlet valve (water supply) issues, and washer gasket and seal damage.
On Staten Island, homeowners can call on Appliance Repair Staten Island professionals for all of their washing machine repair and maintenance needs. In addition, we offer free, no-obligation estimates before starting work, so you’re never surprised with an outsized repair bill you weren’t expecting.
Appliance Repair Staten Island is the trusted washer repair service provider in Staten Island. We offer high-quality washer repairs and maintenance services in and around Staten Island, NY.
Our comprehensive home appliance repair services include:
- Whirlpool washing machine repair
- Maytag clothes washer repair services
- GE washer service calls
- Kenmore washer repair calls
- Amana washer repair
- LG washing machine maintenance
- Samsung washers
- Frigidaire Washer Repairs
We offer same-day, next-day, and after-hours service calls for customers throughout Staten Island. Our team of experienced repair technicians is friendly, professional, and courteous – we’re here to help customers get their washer problems solved quickly and efficiently.
We have over 25 years of washer repair experience. And, we offer competitive prices and reliable washer repairs on all significant household washers brands. When you need reliable repairs on your essential home appliances, it’s reassuring to know you can rely on our team of knowledgeable technicians. Our friendly customer service representatives and a convenient appointment scheduling system make our company the best choice for you!
Additionally, we waive service call fees on qualifying repairs if we complete the repair while we’re on the call. This offer alone could potentially save you hundreds of dollars!